[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: New DRSSTC...new question
- To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: RE: New DRSSTC...new question
- From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 17:55:32 -0600
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Old-return-path: <email@example.com>
- Resent-date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 18:01:26 -0600 (MDT)
- Resent-from: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
- Resent-message-id: <boK7RB.A.2DE.SLKMDB@poodle>
- Resent-sender: tesla-request@xxxxxxxxxx
Original poster: Steve Conner <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
I use .05uf on my small DRSSTC and it makes 50" sparks.
Good to hear from another "mah cap is too small" coiler ;) I use
.05uF on my DRSSTC too, running at 200-220kHz, 100-300us ontime,
200-400A primary current, and a breakrate of 100-200Hz. The biggest
spark I ever saw was 47" when using an extra toroid.
I don't doubt that a bigger cap would give bigger sparks, but it
works just fine as it is considering the resonator is only 14" tall.
My goal was to get a coil that would arc its overall height and
strike the floor, and it manages that no problem.