Re: DRSSTC question

At 07:54 PM 9/22/2005, you wrote:
When building the bridge drive circuit using igbt's which do not have an
internal antiparallel diode,is it necessary to add one externally?

Yes! The current needs to flow in both directions or the oscillation will be immediately crushed. You need a big powerful special diode that is matched to your IGBT. Look in the data sheets for the recommended type.

If
required,what are some recommended part numbers?

It would help if we knew what IGBTs you are using ?;-) But probable get the matching case style from here:

http://dkc3.digikey.com/PDF/T053/0750.pdf

Mount them close to the IGBT to avoid stray inductances. Although, I must "wonder" if mounting them right near the primary circuit would really hurt anything???

Cheers,

        Terry

Don