inductance vs. volt-seconds

Original poster: Finn Hammer <f-h@xxxx>

All,

I cannot complain about the performance of gate drive transformers, if they have a primary inductance as recommended by Jan Wagner:

http://users.tkk.fi/~jwagner/tesla/SSTC/general-sstc-notes-gatedrv.htm

50kHz-100kHz  2.0 - 4.0 mH
100kHz-300kHz 0.5 - 2mH
300kHz-500kHz  -> 50µH - 500µH

However, it is the volt-seconds of the transformer that determines it`s suitability as a gate transformer.

Is there a direct path from inductance to volt-seconds and if not, how do I calculate the volt-seconds of a transformer that I have made. Which core parameters define the volt seconds, and does the turns count, count .

Also, how does volt-seconds relate to operating frequency, duty cycle and amplitude of the transformed signal.

TIA, Finn Hammer