Noob question

Original poster: Jim Fraley <trib35man@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi group.
    I am quite new here. just been soaking it up for a
few days. I do
have a question about general coil construction. I am
wanting to build a
"small" Tesla Coil according to the patents. I am
shooting for 20kHz as
my resonant freq. (for a specific application which
many of you can
probably guess). I figured the secondary has to be
about 2.35 mi. in
length. I am not looking for spark length out of this
pup, rather a
proof-of-concept WRT radiant energy. Are there
references available that
would assist a person with "modest" mathematical
ability in constructing
a suitable coil? I want to follow Tesla's patent as
much as possible
(conical secondary and all). How do I figure the
capacitance i need for
the beastie?

Thanks In Advance,

Jim