Re: Noob question

Original poster: Jim Fraley <trib35man@xxxxxxxxx>

> Original poster: Terry Fritz <vardin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> > [sniiiip] > Ok, you just need to make the coil fairly big (~~2 - 3 feet) and use > thin wire to get the frequency really low. Maybe the patent already > has this worked out... > >

Actually, the patent doesn't specify on size. He was
working with much
higher wattages than what I am looking at. I am sure
his wire was
thicker, and longer, since he mentioned in one of the
papers cited in
the Lindemann book (which I can't recommend highly
enough) that a
standing wave could be created that would cover the
whole earth at as
low as 6 cps. That had to be a loooong coil!!! Of
course you look at the
Wardenclyffe tower and it's no wonder.

[sniiip]

> Ok, good luck :o)  You should maybe keep in the back
of your mind that
> you may want to use it to make sparks sometime
though...

LOL thanks! Yes it will have an interchangeable
aerial. I'll probably go
with a chrome plated brass pipe toroid for the fun
stuff. Tesla said
copper as emitter had a tendency to collect electrons
and emit them in
dangerous "dartlets". sounds like sparks to me :-) For
the most part,
I'm looking for "cold" electricity.
[snip some more]

> Cheers,
>
>         Terry

Thanks for your friendly advice. This is a very lively
group indeed!

Jim