Tank cap size

Original poster: "MIKE HARDY" <MHARDY@xxxxxxxxxx>

I'm getting ready to wire up a my new coil. It consists of a 6" X 32" sec. with about 1000 turns of #20 wire. A 3/8" 10 turn cu tube pri., and for now a sucker gap. I'm going to be powering it hopefully up to 4 KVA with a 14.4 KV PT. I have available 2, 0.16uF, 35 KV Maxwells. I also have 5, 0.03uF, @ 35KV maxwells. Being concerned about overvoltaging them, I would like to play it safe and run any like pair in series. Does 2, 0.16uf, for 80nf seem too much for this coil? I've been using tesla map. The suggested cap values seem to get too big when you start planing larger coils.

Thanks,
Mike