Re: Carbide Inserts for Rotary Electrodes

Original poster: "Harold Weiss" <hweiss@xxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Jon,

Resonance Research sells screw in tungsten tips. They are 1/2" dia tungsten with 3/8" threaded rod brazed to them. The last time I talked with Dr. R, he said the price was going up, so expect the $20 each range.

David E Weiss

Original poster: "Jon Danniken" <danniken@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello,

I am building a larger rotary than my last one, and am realizing (as others
have) that there should be a better solution than carbide drill blanks for
the stationary electrodes.

I am looking for some type of carbide insert, either with a threaded stud
attached (best, so I could just screw it in), or of a type that I could
braze on to a brass rod.  I am looking at 1/2" inch diameter or larger.

Part of the problem is that there is an entire nomenclature used for used
for industrial carbide that I am unfamiliar with. Because I do understand
that for good reasons sources are sometimes not readily shared, even knowing
what brand or type of insert to look for would give me a place to start with
sourcing vendors on my own.

So, any suggestions as to vendors or at least types/brands/configurations to
look for would be most helpful.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Jon