Re: grounding NST's,et al

Original poster: FIFTYGUY@xxxxxxx In a message dated 4/3/06 2:17:39 AM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

>What about pulling your LV wires through schedule 80 PVC lying on the damp
>ground.(I'm on a wood deck).Is a streamer hit likely to penetrate the PVC
>when it has such a short route to RF ground (aside from pulse energy)?

It doesn't have to penetrate, although I wouldn't want only 1/4" of plumbing-grade PVC between myself (or home wiring) and 400kV of even DC. All it has to do is capacitively couple. Slip a piece of your Sch 80 PVC over your ground rod target (cover the rod end well), mount the rod on a well-insulated/elevated stand, and leave a small spark gap at the ground connection to the rod to see if any streamer current jumps across.

-Phil LaBudde