Re: pole transformer damage?

Some types of pole xmfrs are actually "welded" into the case at the base so usually an inspection with a powerful light would reveal any weld cracking, etc.

Dr. Resonance

To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, April 06, 2006 7:30 AM
Subject: pole transformer damage?

Original poster: CTCDW@xxxxxxx
Hi All,

My pole transformer was knocked over accidentally yesterday... The bushings are intact and no oil leaked out, but I'm wondering if the core may have broken off its mountings. I know some of you have actually modified your transformers and I would like to know if you think this may have been damaged by being on its side. I have never seen the actual core except through the oil and so I don't know how it is mounted.... Thanks!

Chris W