Re: potential gain vs. power in TC systems

Original poster: dest <dest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> it  has produced sparks 4.3 times the length of its secondary.

pshaw - at a miserable power level? must be lokin not so cool and not
so hard to do like this one:

"[...]
Nemesis was a classic example.  With a 110uh 13 turn 4 foot diameter
primary and a .088 capacitor and with about 10kVA, we hit the 15-16 foot
mark with white hot bolts on occassion from a 46" secondary winding of
.130 henry.  Lotsa' folks from 1990 to 1994 witnessed Nemesis in person at
our Telsathons.
[...]
On Nemesis which was almost identical to your new large system, I had
only a 1.5" separation between the first secondary turn and the inner first
primary turn.  I never sparked over at .28 coupling.
[...]"

4.174, and you were only sixteen, boy - try to beat this : )
btw - fn=1.92, not bad i guess, probably more than 2.0 in watts ; )

those "rare, long sparks", ho-ho-ho : )

-----
If you're not part of the solution, then your part of the problem!
08-05-97 (c) Bert Pool