RE: Isolated FET/IGBT Pulse Driver for HV Applications ...

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H" <daniel.h.mccauley@xxxxxxxx>

Rajesh,

Here is a PDF version of my simulation circuit i've been playing with.
This uses the IRF540 parts and some IRF9020 p-channels on the secondary
side.  To accomodate the larger gates of the IRF540's, the series
capacitor had to be upped to 1uF (vs. 470pF), and the circuit is driven
with 9A gate drivers.  Risetime (0-20V) on the 40N60 which i modeled
conservatively as 15nF.

Here is the link to the PSPICE schematic

http://www.easternvoltageresearch.com/gatedrive01.pdf

Daniel McCauley
"DRSSTC : Building the Modern Day Tesla Coil"
Available May/June on Amazon.com

Hi Rajesh