Re: False sense of security, thread locker

Original poster: Yurtle Turtle <yurtle_t@xxxxxxxxx>

Here is an old photo, before I upgraded it, but it
gives you an idea of what Dr. Resonance was talking
about:

http://www.hot-streamer.com/adam/bigass_coil/srsg.jpg

With this type setup, even if a set screw did loosen
and the pressed in electrode started to move, I don't
see how it could ever become a projectile, unless it
broke into pieces. It depends on the motor hp, rpm,
disk diameter, tungsten diameter, static electrode
mounting, etc. I think it unlikely that the electrode
would move parallel to the disk's axis of rotation
(excess vibration?), but assume it did. I'd think the
electrode would simply get closer and closer to the
static electrodes, until they hit. Depending on a
number of factors, this may or may not create a flying
fragment. I don't see any scenario where the whole
electrode can become airborn, but I guess with extreme
sizes and speeds, the G-10 disk may fail.

Adam