Re: Introduction

Original poster: Mddeming@xxxxxxx In a message dated 4/14/06 10:57:07 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

A little bit about distribution pole transformers. On most of your
120/240 secondary pole transformers the secondary is actually two
coils. When they are in series the center point is brought out to the
X2 bushing. But you can pop the lid and parallel those secondary
coils. Thats what we have to do if we're going to use it in a 120/208 bank.

Most all distribution pole-mounted transformers and padmount
transformers, for that matter, are rated to run 150% of their KVA
rating for extended periods. (several hours) And they are good for 2
times the rated current for 30 minutes. 3 times for 5 minutes. 4.75
times for 60 seconds. 6.7 times for 30 seconds.  11.3 times for 10
seconds. 25 times for 2 seconds. That's per the General Electric
Distribution Transformer manual.

Be safe and happy coiling,
Don

Hi Don,

They say that nothing ruins a good discussion like a person with facts, BUT welcome anyhow! ;^)))
BTW what part of the world are you in?

Matt D.