RE: DC Motor

Original poster: Yurtle Turtle <yurtle_t@xxxxxxxxx>

Thanks. The hoist says it's a .6 hp motor, though it's
similar in size to my 1 hp treadmill motor. The
circuit board that came with it was apparently only an
inch wide by 2 to 3 wide, so no room for a MOT ;) I
have several BR104's, which are rated to 400 volts at
10 amps. The motor pulls less than 1 amp unloaded.
Given the size of the wires to the reverse switch, I'd
say 10 amps is plenty.

>From the little I know, I assume it had either just a
cap, or a pi type filter with two caps and a choke.
I'm just unsure how to go about sizing them. Does
anyone know of any good online progs for doing this?

Adam