Re: Small corona problems

Hi JT,

I would really try to increase the separation. The insulation is between plates of the cap, not between the outside foil wrap and what ever is placed next to the cap body. You might play games and reverse one cap so the two outside wraps are the same potential, but there is a limit on how far one can take this.

Gerry R.

Original poster: "JT Bowles" <jasotb@xxxxxxxxxxx>

I have a new MMC lately, and the individual caps are doing perfectly. I have 10 * 2kV for a 20kV cap. i run it with a 12kV NST.

In pitch dark, i still cannot see any sparks in the caps, but can notice corona-ish color between a few of them ( very very weak corona, but still..). The caps are limited by available space, so some are only a few millimeters apart.

: will this small corona eventually eat away at the outside of the 2 caps, and then destroy them?
or, is this corona ok as long as it doesnt get worse?