Firing Green Monster again

Hi all,

Well, we've been having temps in the 90s here in the Memphis
area for the last few days (not unusual at all for June-Sept, but a sig-
nificant climatic event for mid-April) and there has also been calm
winds during the evening hours with no rain. So guess what that
means? Yep, it's time to drag out the Green Monster and hurl
lightning bolts all over my driveway and front yard ;^)) I fired it
off for the first time since January tonight, without the RQ style air
cooled stationary gap in series with the rotary gap. It did pretty well
as long as I didn't crank up the power control variac past 70 on the dial.
Once I approached or past 70, the ballast would start "thumping" and the coil
would fire irratically ;^((. I got about 27 seconds of firing on about 7MB of video
with my little Canon A80 Powershot but I am not sure exactly how to upload
movies to the host webpage that I am using to display my cur-
rent still images. Fellow list member Carl Litton has been most
kind to host my Green Monster still images on his dawntreader.com
webpage. I emailed the video image file directly to our moderator
to see if he could post it on hot_streamer although I'm not sure that
hot_streamer can host video files?

http://hot-streamer.com/temp/MVI_0256.AVI     (7.3M original)

http://hot-streamer.com/temp/MVI_0256a.AVI   (3.2M DIVX)

Anyway, it's good to be getting back