Re: Primary coil configuration

Original poster: Yurtle Turtle <yurtle_t@xxxxxxxxx>

Are you saying that with a good coating, racing arcs
cause no damage? My experience has been different,
though mine were on the backside, so I may have let
mine go a few seconds longer. I don't see how a
spark/arc can occur without causing at least pinhole
damage. If stopped soon enough, I agree the damage is
minimal and can easily be fixed, but I don't want to
downplay the risk of secondary damage. I've trashed a
secondary or two, and have sucessfully repaired them,
but I don't think they're ever as good as new.

http://www.hot-streamer.com/adam/burnt_secondary.jpg

Adam

> Original poster: "Dave" <dgoodfellow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

<snip>