Re: Physics of Wireless Transmission

Original poster: stork <stork@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

The problem with relativistic charge is that charge is merely a
dimension.  There is no physical object that is charge.
Electrons and protons possess charge, but the thing that is
moving is the electron and proton, not charge.  So when we are
talking about electrostatic charge, we are talking about a
specific manifestation of charge as it applies to the movement of
a subatomic particle.

Charge is not "subatomic"... The effects are know to more digits than I have fingers...

Charge is associate with protons and electrons -- both are subatomic particles. Electrons and protons are often referred to as "charge carriers". At an even smaller scale, some quarks have charge quanta -- often fractional charge such as 1/3 or 2/3.

Yet it is obvious from observing a permanent magnet that there
are no electrons flying around the magnet.  This is further
evidence against relativistic charge as a magnetic field.

;-)  There are billions of electrons flying around my 10,000G super magnet...

I'm sure Dave is refering to coherent movement of free electrons in a permanent magnet rather than random movement of billions of electrons. Coherent movement of electrons in a permanent magnet would imply a current. Can you experimentally measure the current from the billions of electrons flying around in your 10,000G super magnet?

Stork