'CAUAC' at Coachella again

Original poster: syd <tesla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Next weekend I'll be showing 'CauaC' at Coachella Music and Arts Festival again. This year I'm replacing the fire element with water so the arcs will be conducting through fountains, and touching long reflecting pools. I'll be running prime power in the 70kva to 100kva range, three phase 480 volts. The capacitors are new custom designed 60kv units that are totally dry utilizing glossy rather than hazy polypropylene dielectric; Side by side I've found the dry caps to out perform my previous custom oil filled caps by at least 10 to 15 per cent. Additionally there is much less heating in the dry caps on long runs. Current limiting continues to be reliably achieved with E/I cores that have been air gapped and have only a few dozen turns.

Sadly I've not updated my web site in over a year, but have big hopes after Coachella. I'm heading to the desert in the morning and just wanted to say that I'll be out there. If anyone makes it out to the festival, I'd love to give you a tour and have a chat about it all.

zap zap,

syd klinge

http://www.playahearth.com