From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, April 29, 2006 12:19 PM
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: simple reactance calculations

Original poster: "Langer Giv'r" <transworldsnowboarding19@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello, I am having some trouble finding the capacitive reactance for
a capacitive current limiter.  Im sure the problem is a small error
that i am frequently overseeing but still I am stumped.  I want to
get about 5 ohms reactance from a capacitor, but i do not know what
capacitance to use

with 0.95uF, and using the reactance formula, it says i get 2792 ohms
of reactance, which is obviously wrong.  1 / ((2)(pi)(f)(Capacitance))

Does anyone have a solution for this?  and also, is it true that
capacitive reactance increases as capacitance is decreased?

thanks

_