Re: 1156 1256 variac question

Original poster: BunnyKiller <bunikllr@xxxxxxx>

hey Kevin...

the answer is yes... but you will have to stack the variacs on a single control rod. You can run one hot lead of the 240 to one variac and the second hot lead to the second variac....

  http://members.cox.net/bunikllr/parallel.html

see this page of my web site look for page 30 of the tech sheet listed see connection #1 diagram

if you have a paralleling choke you can use diagram #2

Scot D

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: makinglightning@xxxxxxxxxxx

I have 2 - 1156 variacs.

Is there a way I can wire them so I can use them as one 240 v input variac?

I believe the 1156's are 120v and the 1256's 240v

Kevin