RE: MMC Question.

Original poster: "Lau, Gary" <Gary.Lau@xxxxxx>

Hi Glen:

The difference is very significant.

Option 1 would be described as "two paralleled strings of 8 caps" and
would give you a .0375uF/16kV cap.

Option 2 would be described as "one string of 16 caps" and would give
you a .0094uF/32kV cap.  I'm guessing that this is what you want.

I'm not sure that aluminum strips are necessary, unless they're just
mechanically convenient.  What make are those caps?  I don't recognize
the part number in your photo.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA

> Original poster: "Glen McGowan" <glen.mcgowan@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> Just received my new shiny bag of caps that Dr. Resonance kindly
> provided. I got my fancy polycarbonate MMC perfboard fabricated. But
> now that I got to thinking; what would be the best way to wire them
> up? Option #1, would it matter if  I terminated *both* strings to the
> same two pieces of metal at each end of the MMC? Or should I go with
> Option #2 and keep them all in a strict series? Wouldn't it still
> perform the same function in either scenario? Forgive the newbie
> question I'm sure this is basic electronics.

<http://www.cyplexia.com/IM000525.JPG>http://www.cyplexia.com/IM000525.J
PG