Re: secondary question

Hi Drake,

My view.

Internal baffles:
Install 1/4 way down the coil on each end. This helps prevent internal creepage sparks that might seek the inner wall of the coil (internal racing spark). The baffle will help prevent voltage maximums from getting a start as the wall is blocked. It's just an enhancement to the longevity of the coil to run without problems. It will work with or without the baffles, but the baffles are certainly a good idea and easy work. Cut circles in poly carbonate and silicone in place.

End caps:
Helps seal the inner form and allows a support fixture for toploads and a mounting fixture for the bottom of the coil.

Both are beneficial.

Take care,
Bart

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: "Drake Schutt" <drake89@xxxxxxxxx>

Thank you all for the responses, and I also have another question.
What is the deal with end caps. I know people put like pieces of plastic inside their coil-forms to seal them or something. What purpose does it serve and is it beneficial or necessary.

Regards,
Drake