Ion inception voltage in oil

Original poster: Finn Hammer <f-h@xxxx>

All,

I am wondering how high up the ion inception voltage is moved, when the parts in question are put under oil. Anyone?

Cheers, Finn Hammer

http://hot-streamer.com/temp/CD942C20P15K-MMC-Capacitor-Lifetest.pdf

Of course, we don't know the "function", only the limits. At 500V (630 V ion inception voltage- dual series) the plates have no ionization. They moved down to 500V in the ratings since the voltage gradient is higher at the plate edges. But at 500V/cap the life should be "forever". At 2000V they show a decay step at 75 hours. I never tried any other voltages on the tester.