Re: bulkheads / baffles in secondaries

I think someone else mentioned the jig saw. I usually use a band saw to rough cut things circular slightly outside a line, and a disc sander to fine tune the curvature down to the line. Acrylic can melt if cut too fast. You might try to freeze the acrylic before cutting an then go slowly. If you dont have a band saw and cant make the jig saw work, you might try rough cutting it by hand using a hack saw. I've done that before and it does work. Any melting along the cut can taken off after the cut fairly easily.

Gerry R.

Original poster: otmaskin5@xxxxxxx
Hi Gerry, you mention cutting poly board with a jig saw. Are you referring to polyethylene cutting board? I've tried using a jig saw on acrylic & other plastics, but the heat from the blade seems to melt the material & the melted material either closes the cut behind the blade or leaves a hard to remove pile of melted/refrozen plastic along the edge of the cut. Not sure I've tried polyethylene yet. Any suggestions? Thanks, Dennis Hopkinton MA