Re: Building A VTTC

Cameron,

Looks like my visit was the good luck charm for squeezing
more output from your VTTC ;^) You ran from the standing
30" record to 32.5" while I was there and now you've done
gone and hit the yard stick mark! Like you said, I've just got
to build myself one now :^) Also looks like that amid the pre-
sent craze over the new solid state DRRSTCs (did I get the
letter progression right in the acronym/abbreviation?), you've
managed to generate new interest in the good old vacuum
tube Tesla coil with your truly amazing results that I have had
the pleasure of witnessing firsthand (at least to the 32.5"
threshold). It seems that you have made a quantum leap in
the stacatto controlled VTTC that probably hasn't been pa-
ralleled since the 1990s when John Freau himself first intro-
duced the stacatto controlled VTTC, capitalizing upon the
higher output from the same power input through the
priciple of lower duty cycle firing. And I also think that it
should be pointed out to the rest of the list that this is your
very first VTTC project, so basically you've made these
advances as a VTTC beginner!

Keep up the good work,
David