Re: Dispose of pole chicken on Long Island

Original poster: gary350@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
This is what I would do.

Drain the high voltage oil into 2 liter soft drink bottles and sell them all on ebay. I sold several on ebay a few years ago they all brought $10 to $15 per bottle plus $10.00 for postage.

Cut threw the copper windings with a hacksaw and pull the copper out with a pair of plyers. Copper is selling for $3.00 a lb. at the scrap yard.

Remove the insulators from the metal case. Sell the metal case and transformer core at the scrap yard steel is selling for $4.00 per 100 lbs.

That burned transformer is probably worth $100.00 is scrap metal and  HV oil.

Gary Weaver