To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, August 27, 2006 7:27 PM
Subject: Re: small 4KV transformer, anyone?

Original poster: "resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

ED

Just rectify it. That's all you need to spray a VDGRF belt. We use 5 kV, 2 mA xmfrs to spray belts up to 30 inches wide when rectified --- it only takes 200-500 uA with a 30inch wide belt and only 100 uA DC with a 6-8 inch wide belt. See our model HV-750 (750 kV DC 30 uA output) at our website www.resonanceresearch.com.

Dr. Resonance

Had trouble downloading the catalog so couldn't find out if those things are used with esternal rectifiers. Any idea? I have a unit which appears identical - picked it up at a swap meet years ago. It was supposed to have come from a Xerox machine. I think with a voltage multiplier it would be neat for charging VDG belts.

Ed