Re: Vacuum Tube Database; VT Database II

Original poster: Sparktron01@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi David!

 <<SNIPPO>>

>     So .. anyone know where to find said tubes, plate connectors,
> sockets, and VTTC schematics these days? Are 811A's even a good tube
> to work with? I've seen other tubes discussed here..
>
>     -- many thanks,

HIGHLY recommend a 572B as a replacement for a 811A.  160W graphite
plate versus 60W sheet metal, 3kV rated versus 1.5kV for 811A.  I've personally
run a pair up to 2.2kVA input (measured), nearly 25kVA peak input; while getting
18-19" sparks as a result.  Was pushing the plate voltage "just a little"
(only 6.8kV level shift with a humongous 2.5kV industrial MOT).

Below is spec sheet on 572B versus 811A, it whips it bad in just about every
category, and to make the tube sweeter; is a DIRECT pin-pin replacement.

http://www.g8wrb.org/data/Svetlana/pdf/572B.pdf

Also; check out this tube database #2; only power triodes.

http://www.g8wrb.org/triodes.php

Good stuff for us "Hollow-state" Enthusiasts!

Regards
Dave Sharpe, TCBOR/HEAS
Chesterfield, VA. USA

.