Re: the bad rap

Original poster: "resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I plan on paying King $700 for the good xmfrs.  He loses $100 for the bad ones.

If his lawyer wishes to fly to WI or higher a WI lawyer, I have no problem bringing the defective merchandise into court to show the pretrial judge. There is dirt in the insulator cracks so this is definitely not something that happened during shipping.

DC
Dr. Resonance

From all I've been hearing, I have to side with Terry.  There are enough
people with past and current problems that I too am very concerned.  I do
believe that this is a list related issue as well.

While I have not heard or seen all the exchanges between all the parties,
I haven't seen much evidence of attempts to work things out in a mutually
acceptable way.  I see escalation and inflammation instead.

Chip

On Thu, 7 Dec 2006, Vardan wrote:

Hi DC,

At 09:20 PM 12/7/2006, you wrote:

>I sent you an email and asked you to end the spurious garbage that
>Jack King and Hal are propagating, or trying to.

I am surprised that all this has been going on so long.  Jack and
Steve Date have both contacted me in recent months with problems
about getting paid.  They seemed to have tried many things over many
months to resolve the problems.  Although I think the issue with
Steve Date was finally paid.  I don't know much about Hal other than
what he posted to the list.

Chris Boden is also concerned about something but I don't know the
nature of that yet.  I am hoping it is not serious, but he was
obviously very concerned.

Such problems are almost unheard of especially for the high dollar
amounts involved.  In my eight years on the list, I have never seen
so many problems as I have in the last few months.  Always in the
past such things have been very quickly worked out, but these
problems seem to drag on for months.

>Hal sold me a lifter that burned up in 45 seconds, but I did pay him
>for it.  He's still bad mouthing me on the list or trying to.  After
>I paid the sob he reports me to the Wisconsin BBB.  I contacted
>them, gave them my side of the story, and they told me that I should
>be reporting him to the AZ BBB!

Lifters are very fragile.  Was there an obvious defect?

>I bought some nsts from King this summer and a whole bunch of the
>insulators were cracked.  They had dirt in them so it did occur
>during shipping.

Has someone contacted the shipper?  What did they say?

>I'm trying to work out a reasonable deal with him but he is a very
>unreasonable person.  I haven't paid him because we have so far not
>been able to come to an agreement.  He thinks he can just "take me
>to court".  He forgets that lawyers like a very important word: >retainer!

Apparently, he already has retained a lawyer...  It's not very
expensive in these cases.

>I hope it doesn't come to that but if it does I will haul the xmfrs
>right into the court room and let the pre-trial judge look at
>them.  I don't think he has told his lawyer the "full story", ie,
>the "other side of the coin" or he would not be representing him.

It sounds like this issue with the NSTs will have to be handled in
court, but the problems Steve had, and even Hal, are worrisome.  I
know someone had a problem with a toroid a few years ago too.  I
helped Steve work through the his payment issue and it finally did
work out after a very long time.  But "I" can't really can't attempt
handle these issues off list as they reoccur.  If Chris is now having
a problem too, that would be especially sad...

Problems with sellers, buyers, shippers, payment, etc. for Tesla coil
items is obviously a concern and a valid list topic.  I am very sorry
they involve you.

>I don't know much about King but this Hal guy is really a viscious
>sob in my opinion.

The toroid issue and Hal's lifter thing I don't worry much
about.  But after Steve Date's problem, Jacks problem, and now a
possible Chris problem the "warning signs" worry me greatly.

>Thanks for your consideration of these matters.

You should copy Chip at (chip@xxxxxxxxxx) on these issues too since
he is also interested.  This is probably one of the biggest problems
we have ever faced off and/or on the list.

Terry