PLC's - was Re: IGBT long life at 3X rated Ip?? Re: 15kva 14.4 kV Transformer.. (fwd)

Moderated and approved by: Gerry Reynolds <greynolds@xxxxxxxxxx>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 16:46:22 -0800 (PST)
From: Yurtle Turtle <yurtle_t@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: PLC's - was Re: IGBT long life at 3X rated Ip??  Re: 15kva 14.4 kV
    Transformer.. (fwd)

We use Allen Bradley PLC-5's at work. Way overkill for
a Tesla coil. While I agree that "you get what you pay
for", most folks can do everything they need with
simple relay logic. I'd love to hook up a PLC to mine
with a fancy HMI with cool graphics, but I can't
justify the cost. I just don't have enough I/O. I also
have a knack for blowing things up. I'll bet most
folks who use PLC's on their coils either have deep
pockets, or have access to cheap or free used PLC's.

Adam