Re: noob questions

Original poster: FutureT@xxxxxxx In a message dated 2/3/06 2:08:30 PM Eastern Standard Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

John,

Thanks for your reply. Perhaps I should start with a spark gap coil to learn
the ropes. I had been looking around at kits
(http://www.amazing1.com/tesla.htm) but wanted to see if I could do it from
scratch so it might be A) a better learning experience and B) hopefully
cheaper.

Jay,

I believe that both A and B are true.

Very cool that you're in North Jersey. If you'd be at all into my nephew and
I coming up, it would be great to get to see your coils. Especially since
you have two different kinds.

Yes, that would be very nice.  I'll email you directly later.....

John

Interestingly, I had already run across your site before... I think I was
searching on Vacuum Tube Coils.

Jay McDonald