Re: Toroid made easy 2

Original poster: gary350@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Have you ever watched Jessy James on cable TV. I saw him build a fuel tank for a chopper motor cycle like this. Jessy James cut the 2 metal plates into a water drop shape and welded them together. He heated it in an oven then blew it up with an air hose. This gave me the idea of making spheres and toroids. I have no oven so I decided to use charcoal its easy and cheap. I heli arc welded the metal plates together gave it a test and it worked. Sorry I did not take any pictures mostly because I had both hands full and was not sure it would really work very well my first try. The welds held fine and they did not leak or blow out. I let the air in slow so not to cool the metal I wanted the metal to stay soft like rubber. When it appeared to be blown up completely I quit putting in the air.