To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, February 03, 2006 5:41 PM
Subject: Re: health question

Original poster: DRIEBEN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jay,

These issues have been brought up in the past
more than once on this list. The ozone (O3) is
definitely an issue that must be addressed,
especially when operating indoors. O3 is toxic
in very minute concentrations and will cause
asthma-like wheezing, coughing and headaches
when one inhales it in concentrations that ex-
ceed the human toxic limit (Many of us know
this from first-hand experience). OTH, x-ray
production is usually not a big problem for
coilers as it takes HV excited electrons striking
a heavy metal target inside of a hard vacuum of
only a few torrs to produce significant le-
vels of hard, ionizing x-rays of energy levels
above a few 10s of kEVs. In other words, to
produce significant and dangerous levels of hard
x-rays requires more sophitication of equipment
than the average high voltage hobbiest has at
his disposal and they are certainly not going
to be produced "by accident".

David Rieben