RE: Did I just make a blunder?

Original poster: "Derek Woodroffe" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Handedness is not as most people think , a born attribute, but an action
based property. Many people will use one hand to drink and another to brush
their teeth, although when asked they preferr one hand to the other.

When Im winding coils by hand I go left to right & over the top, for large
coils, but smaller ones Ive done both ways round with no preferance, but
when you get really small fingerness rather than handedness probably takes
over.

Regarding primaries, I don't think it matters which way round the coils
go,performance wise, but surely it can make a difference if the top side of
the primary is out of phase with the secondary as it will be more likely to
breakover. Especially if you have a large primary voltage.

Derek..

Hi, been there and done that. flipped over the primary, didnt make a bit of
difference that i could see. no difference between left and right wound
secondary coils. both coils were wound on a lathe, to the exact turns, in
the same place on the same core material. i even made sure the leads to the
primary were the same length for either direction. no difference. there was
a slight difference with different lengths of leads to the primary. cul
brian f.