COIL WINDING

Seems the consensus is "left to right, over the top" except for one "right to left, over the top". I guess everyone wants over the top so it's easy to see the wire going on and use finger or other pressure to keep the winding tight. I guess one could drive the spindle from either direction, depending on where the most convenient place was for a drill or handle. In my case I have provisions to bolt the winder to the bench and can use either a hand crank (most of the time) or a drill with the chuck clamped on the shaft for the hand crank. Since I'm right handed the crank, and hence th drill, are on the right. Obviously a winder of some sort, however crude, is worth having but holding the form in the lap and turning it by hand works too.........

Ed