Re: how deep do the coilers prefer doing it? : )

Original poster: "Dmitry (father dest)" <dest@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hallo Coiler Forever : )

> Original poster: tesla popp <teslas_lab@xxxxxxxxx>

> answers-  The best way to figure out how deep to cut
> the flats, is the measuring distance between the
> windings of the motor.

it`s just zero.

> the motor will have gaps in between groups of
> windings

mine - hasn`t.

> , a 1800rpm will have 4 main running coils and
> 4 gaps.  these gaps will control the phasing of the
> armature.  I use a 1/2 winding cut in the armature. (a
> cut half as long as the winding's width).  For this
> motor I have, that divides the core in sections
> exactly 1/8 the circumference of the armature.

you mean that i must cut 5 poles in lenght? imo it`s _too_ much % )

> You can figure to loose an equal amount of efficiency
> to heat by figuring how much material you removed from
> the armature.  if you cut down your flats to 1/2 of
> the armature's surface area total, you will loose
> about 20%-30% more of your energy to heat.

where did this data came from? i`ve read, that salient pole motors
have 2-3 times smaller useful power than equal sized induction ones.

-----
Let the bass kick! =:-D