Re: how deep do the coilers prefer doing it? : )

Original poster: tesla popp <teslas_lab@xxxxxxxxx>

I'll see if i can upload some pics with big arrows on
them.  your motor is nothing special, I've seen your
pictures.  If you think yours has 5 poles (which it
doesn't, I'm looking at the stator pics right now),
your probably getting the starting windings mixed up
with the running windings.  if there is no gap between
the windings, than you automatically figure: 2 flats,
max 1/4 circumference if you goal is 3600rpm sync.
<<<guaranteed to work.

If you've read so much about salient pole motors that
you can doubt my word, than why would you waist the
list members time by asking questions?  If you follow
what I have said here, your motor will be pushed into
synchronous operation.

If in fact, this motor truly is "to much % )" for you,
than you should look for a motor that is closer to the
rpm you want, like 1580rpm, if you want a 1800rpm sync
operation.

really, it's not that difficult...
Coiler Forever: Jeremiah Popp