Re: how deep do the coilers prefer doing it? : )

Original poster: "Dmitry (father dest)" <dest@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hallo Christoph,

> Hello Dmitry.
> ( Is this right? Or is it Dimitry? )

i don`t know even myself which variant is right, coz i don`t want to
use the name, that was given to me when i wasn`t able to say if i like
it or not, when i understood nothing % )

>  > what? you mean that even 1/3 can be too much? % )
> What I meant was the width of the flat to be 1/3 or 1/4 of the rotor diameter.
> Using the values for 1500 or 3000rpm Motors respectively.

that`s incorrect - 3000 or 1500rpm respectively, coz for 3000 you
must cut _more_. but read this:

"In one case I modified a small 3600 motor that had a 1.75" dia
armature or so, and I made the flats about 7/8" wide I think.
This worked very well.  In other 3600 rpm cases I made the flats
narrower, but the motors seemed weaker.
John Freau"

here John cut even more - 1/2, and i had been told about the same
width yesterday during telephone conversation with one wise man too.

>  > maybe your motors had small starting torque originally - before
>  > conversion?
> Kind Words, but I fear I simply messed it up.

probaly such a scenario may be possible there - you cut the flats, motor
starts to increase its rpm, but not enough yet. you cut more - it begins
run sync. you cut even more - motor _increases_ its torque. if you cut
more - it starts lose its torque rapidly.
can it be true? i don`t know. yet.

> Good luck woth your motor, let me know how things develope

certainly : )

-----
Let the bass kick! =:-D