Re: how deep do the coilers prefer doing it? : )

Original poster: "Dmitry (father dest)" <dest@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hallo John,

> I've modified cap-run, cap-start, and induction-start/run motors and
> they all worked fine.  THe cap-start ones are probably the most
> powerful, but cap-run are fine too, and also the induction start/run
> providing the rotor disc is not too large and heavy for the motor.

imo cap-start motors could`t be the most powerfull - usually they have
run winding in 2/3 of stator slots only, and they have only one run
winding, so their efficiency and power factor is rather low. in
contrast cap-run motors have run windings in all stator slots and use
both windings as run windings, so they have higher efficiency and
power factor - they are most powerfull of all types.

on the other hand cap-start motors have several times more starting
torque than cap-run ones, coz their cap is choosen based on condition of
getting cyclotomic field on the start, and cap of cap-run motors
is choosen based on condition of getting cyclotomic field at nominal
load - hence their higher efficiency.
but hey - who prevent you from adding additional start cap in
parallel with the run one? in that case you get all of the best from two
variants - high efficiency, high power factor and high starting torque
- that`s what i`m planning to do now : D

-----
Let the bass kick! =:-D