Re: how deep do the coilers prefer doing it? : )

Original poster: "Dmitry (father dest)" <dest@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hallo John,

> Original poster: FutureT@xxxxxxx

>>btw - do i need some degree of darkness to use a fluorescent bulb as
>>a strobe?

> Dmitry,

> The fluorescent bulb must be the old ballast type not a high
> frequency switch type power supply type.

good joke, John, but "I`m not complete idiot - some parts are
missing" : D

> I like to make a line all the way across the disc diameter
> rather than painting just 1/4 of the disc.  Not sure how the
> 1/4 disk-paint idea would show up because I never tried it.

1/4 of _surface_ of the disk - a sector, not 1/4 of radius in length : )

> The pattern will be very blurry and diffused so it can take some
> practice to be able to see the pattern. Some folks took many days of
> practice to be able to see the pattern.

i still don`t understand completely how it`s possible at all, coz
you just can`t get low duty cycles from fluoro bulbs : )
i have _much_ better idea now - smash 1-3 computer optical mouses,
take very bright red leds from them, and buy 2 zeners, say, on 290v and
300v. connect leds (with some current limiting) between zeners and
it`s done.

-----
Let the bass kick! =:-D