Re: Saturable Reactor Ballast - further testing 1 and SAFETY note

Original poster: Yurtle Turtle <yurtle_t@xxxxxxxxx>

One possible problem to using the pig neutral is that
lots of folks use single (or parallel) 0-240 volt
variacs, which places both LV sides at -120 volts at
zero power. One side stays at -120, while the other
side goes from -120 to zero, then to +120 as the
variac is ramped up. (I know it's not really "-" and
"+", but that's the easiest way to describe it). Of
course if you use two ganged 120 volt variacs this
isn't a problem.

Adam