Re: Saturable Reactor Ballast - further testing 1 and SAFETY note

Original poster: "J. Aaron Holmes" <jaholmes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

If you're stuck without the ability to use the neutral
because you're using a 240V variac instead of ganged
120V variacs to drive your pig, then perhaps the thing
to do is wire all of the series connections between
MOTs (which would otherwise be floating) to the pig
neutral.  These would be like a "fake" neutral
connection to the pig.  Let the pig LV side act like a
big voltage divider to stabilize the MOT primaries.
There would be no neutral connection from the supply
in this case.  Here's a simple two-MOT example of what
I'm talking about, and it can easily scale to any
number of pairs:

http://silicon-arcana.com/MMSR2.gif

Would *that* work?  I think it would...  IMO, letting
the series MOT connections float isn't just badness,
it's not necessary.  At least not *completely* :-)

Regards,
Aaron, N7OE

=== message truncated ===