Re: Skycraft Surplus

At 08:36 PM 1/4/2006, you wrote:
Original poster: "Lau, Gary" <Gary.Lau@xxxxxx>

I'll be visiting Disney World in Orlando with the kiddies in a couple
weeks.  The last time I was there was about 7 years ago, and I had also
visited a place called Skycraft Surplus, in Winter Park, FL, near
Orlando.

Maybe you'll be able to find the Tesla coils that were used in the "Alien Encounter" attraction at WDW. The attraction's been closed for about 2 years now. Funky looking toploads (at least when I saw it before opening in the mid 90s) but otherwise, nice looking coils and controllers.

  Can anyone make a recommendation yea or nay, as to whether
it's worthwhile?  I don't expect to come out with NST's or MMC caps,
(truth is, I don't actually need anything) but I do enjoy a good
dumpster dive through interesting junque.  Just wondering if it's
changed since I was there last.

Thanks, Gary Lau
MA, USA