Re: A question of coupling

Hi Curt,

Yes, see how the coil reacts with coupling variations. Be aware, you may be nearing the point of closest proximity (without problems), but only trying it out will tell the tale.

Take care,
Bart

Tesla list wrote:
Original poster: "C. Sibley" <mailto:a37chevy@xxxxxxxxx><a37chevy@xxxxxxxxx>

Bart,

Thanks for confirming my belief.  I used JAVATC and
designed my primary for a coupling of .14 - that
seemed safe.  If I we to do it again I'd raise the
primary even higher and make the secondary height
adjustable - but this little coil was supposed to be a
quick experiment (it got a little out of hand).   When
I get a chance I'll perform the coupling measurement
as you suggest.

Great explanation for measuring the coupling, You
should add it as a permanent addition to your web
page.

BTW:  My coil tuned in less than 1/4 turn from where
JAVATC predicted.  Kudos...

Curt.

<http://www.classictesla.com/download/M_and_k_Measurement.gif>http://www.classictesla.com/download/M_and_k_Measurement.gif