RE: Newbie cap and topload questions

Original poster: "Dave Halliday" <dh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Welcome aboard!

If you visit the list archives and search for MMC you will find what is
needed.

http://www.pupman.com  -  look at the left sidebar for "Searching -
Search the site including the list archives"

There are a very few caps that work but they work so much better than
any similarly priced alternative that it would be a real shame not to
use them unless you like poor performance and tossing money out the
window.

Specifically, you want the Cornell Dubilier 942C20P15K which is 0.15 uF
at 2000 VDC.  Other caps have been already tested to destruction by list
members and this specific cap keeps turning up as the best to use bar
none.

RELL sells them for about $2.45 each but there is a fairly large minimum
order.

People on the list (Paging Dr. Resonance!!!) have them for sale to list
members.

Good luck!
Dave