Re: Al duct vs Chicken Wire

The chicken wire works very good. I use turkey wire (finer mesh) and easier to work with. If you contact me off-list I will email you photographs of our super large 10 ft x 60 inch dia. toroid made with turkey wire, plywood, and styrofoam.

Dr. Resonance

I'll probably build a chicken wire toroid anyway,
but I wanted to ask for opinions on the performance
of a chicken wire-based topload vs Aluminum ducting.

I currently have a 4" inner diameter Al duct as my
topload and I get about streamers breaking out of
about 5-6 places simultaneously.  Is is true that
with a perfectly smooth toroid there tends to be
one large streamer instead of many smaller ones?

Thanks!

Justin in Austin