Re: Ballasting a Pole Pig (Revisited)

Original poster: Chip Atkinson <chip@xxxxxxxxxx>

Definitely not.  I have a single welder and it works fine.  I also have an
oven heating element in parallel with the welder.  Ed Sonderman suggested
this once and it works well for me.

I've used this setup on a 220v 30A clothes drier circuit.  I'll trip the
breaker when I have the current on the welder turned way up but I can
still run a nice jacobs ladder with the welder on nearly the lowest
setting.

Do you have the welder set on the AC setting?  That doesn't seem like it
would make a difference, but perhaps.

Chip

msnip....