Re: tesla coil does not work...

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz" <acmdq@xxxxxxxxxx>

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: "Langer Giv'r" <transworldsnowboarding19@xxxxxxxxxxx>

When i turn it on, the spark gap fires on a very short distance, and i smell something burning, but I dont think its my transformer because it still works... I am seeing absolutely NOTHING on my secondary, so i think my capacitors might have something wrong with them. Help would be increadible, thanks!
Seems as something wrong with the capacitors. Can you measure the
capacitance? Are you not using too small resistors across the
capacitors? The gap fires if just placed across the transformer?
Are the support structures of the assembly made with materials
with enough insulation?

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz