multiple breakouts

Original poster: Just Justin <rocketfuel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi All,

When I add a breakout point to my topload, I do get a fatter and longer
streamer from the point, but I also have many other streamers coming
off of the toroid.  (I'd like to see one major streamer that is long and fat :)

My toroid isn't terribly smooth and the extra streamers originate from
crinkles in the Al ducting and Al tape seams.

Looking through the archives I've come to wonder if I wouldn't benefit
from a larger topload as per Gary Lau's comments here:

http://www.pupman.com/listarchives/2000/October/msg00373.html

I think that when I build the chicken wire topload I'll aim for something
larger.

FWIW I also believe I have a "larger than normal" tank cap at 30nF for
my 12kV 60mA NST.  I'm only tapped at turn 5-6 of 12 now so I should be
able to handle the needed increase in Lpri to make up for the increased
Csec of the larger topload.

Also I need to do something about my spark gap enclosure, I think I essentially
created a spark-gap-speaker ;) (loud!)

Regards,

Justin